Friday, September 9, 2011

So One of My Agents Unfollowed Me On Twitter! Tee-riffic, What Does That Mean?

Trolling the Internet late at night via my iPhone has become somewhat of a ritual these days. Not sure how healthy a habit it is but still, it's something that has me pass the time until I get tired. Last night I noticed one of my agents no longer follows me on Twitter and I actually felt weird about it. When I checked out who they follow it made sense, the list is short and it is comprised of people that are very close or a direct part of life. Still I couldn't help but feel a little sad, questioning myself, did I tweet too much? Was I not interesting enough?

Ahh, the mania that social media can encite. Once my logical side kicked in I realized that perhaps it is best after all, I tend to speak on many things not just acting and I also like to interact with people on Twitter. I can see how that may be a turn off to someone that follows few people.

This whole thing seems sillier and sillier the more I write about it yet I know I can't possibly be the only one who has had an experience like this. Tell me, have you ever had your feelings hurt by social media? Has there ever been a time you may have needed to talk yourself down after something Twitter, Facebook, or even myspace related happened?

No comments: