Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Things To Do in L.A. The Renaissance Faire!!

Goodness gracious, the Renaissance Faire... I just went on Sunday and I had a blast! There is so much to do, see, and experience. Located at The Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area in Irwindale, it feels remote once you are inside, but you will be surprised how much "civilization" is around as you drive up. Tickets are readily available online at the gate or even at select Walgreens stores.  This weekend 5/18, 19, 20 is the FINAL weekend and it is their 50 year anniversary this year so if you have been wondering what's up with the Renaissance Faire, I'd encourage you to get going!

Although you don't have to spend a lot of money I would suggest taking as much as you can muster for this event because there is plenty of food, drinks, activities, and LOTS of cool stuff available for purchase.  This time I engaged in the food and drink and when I go again I plan on making it a little more of a shopping trip. ;)

As far as dress is concerned, you are more than welcome to dress up in Renaissance gear which is another thing I will engage in the next time I go. If not, that is perfectly fine too. When we went, we saw the opening ceremony, a joust, the Queen's court, tons of cool costumes and outfits, loads of food, activities, a lake, ducks, lots of goodies I wanted to buy, a "naughty" show with sexy jokes, and much more. I also saw fairies, strapping men, and quite a few bosoms... Hello corsets!!!


And now, for some pictures!!

So many things I wanted to buy

Will you find these?


The Queen is coming!

The most delicious ale ;)

I almost thought she was a statue until she moved!

Beautiful and entrancing, this one...

Ah bring on the mischief indeed.


No comments: