Monday, June 18, 2012

30 Days to Greatness

What would happen if once we had an idea, we went full force and gave it a go? I mean really, just gave it a go, day in and day out consecutively so it could become a reality?? That is what I am going to find out. 

I have decided to change my life. To take on a challenge I have desired and feared for a long time. I have seen glimpses of it but have never had the tenacity to stick with it. This time, that story will end differently. I shall be victorious, confident, accomplished, stronger, OH and I'm going to enjoy a firmer butt and abs. I'm talking about fitness....

I have belonged to 2 gyms in the past and generally enjoy being active but, I have never conquered my fitness goal and I am certainly not active on an every day basis. The me I see is a fit, toned, strong, healthy, active, accomplished person that works out daily along with eating healthy foods. I have noticed that many of the people I look up to and am inspired by do these things on a regular basis. I am now including myself as one of them. Today is my first day of my 30 day challenge. 

Here's my plan:
From today, June 18th to July 18 I will work out every day except for Sundays. 
My workouts will consist of DVDs at home of Resistance Band workouts, Yoga, P90X, along with Hiking, Walking, Running, outdoors. I DO NOT BELONG TO A GYM. 
As an incentive, I am going to buy myself a nice workout outfit upon completing 2 consecutive weeks. Right now, aside from a pair of cotton yoga pants, I DO NOT OWN WORKOUT GEAR.
My reward for completing the month will be accomplishment, strength, confidence, tight abs, a tight rear, and A NEW HEALTHY HABIT. MY NEW LIFESTYLE.

I wanted to document this because it ups the stakes for me. It helps me to follow through knowing that someone knows about it. That it lives out there. I also figured that anyone else who may have a similar desire could possibly be inspired by my journey. 

Here's my starting point:
5'4, 118 lbs, 34C-27-35, Size 2.
As for eating habits, I found it easier to make changes in that arena and have adopted juicing, along with eating mainly fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. I am not a vegetarian or vegan however, I still do enjoy all food groups. I am excited to see how I will have to  change my eating to adapt to the extra activity. 
Physically, I sometimes experience restless leg, and tightness in my back has been a recurring issue for me. I know my back is where I store my stress. From my days as a Dancer and a fall on set while shooting a Spanish TV show, I have since had problems with my left knee. So, I plan on being mindful of my knee and back while I am making them stronger.
I sometimes take walks with my husband or go on hikes but generally, I do not work out.  

My GOAL:
To change my life by developing the habit of exercising 6 days a week. They say it takes 30 days to create a new habit so I am giving myself 30 days to make that happen. 

Today I did the P90X Cardio workout. I was able to complete it although I did have to pause it twice in the last third of the workout so I could drink a little water. Additionally, I had to do the last 2 exercises at my own pace which was about half of the speed they were going. At this point I was tired and did not feel strong enough to go at their speed without risking injury. Upon completion I felt an overwhelming sense of accomplishment and was quite moved to have taken my first step. See you tomorrow!!! 

No comments: