Monday, May 2, 2011

Losing All of My Weight.

Take it.
Take it all....

I find myself saying that more and more to my previous ways of being. I've opened a Pandora's Box. I didn't realize it but it's been done and now I'm left shedding all of my extra weight. Everything.

The life I once knew, the direction I was going in, the things I deemed important. They have all been and continue to be challenged. From weight I carried in my body, to weight-y relationships. From endless lists of digital items, to material possessions I once cherished. It's all just going, going, GONE. Most of it feels natural, thank God. After all, I have chosen this. Granted I didn't know how far it would go but I have chosen this. Yet, there are moments I discover ties to things I didn't know I had and relationships fall away that I didn't intend to lose.

Last week, I donated 85% of my possessions.


As the filled truck rolled away I felt a moment of sadness. The memories of the times I had spent with my family and our stuff flashed by in my mind. Actual tears welled up in my eyes. Then with a swallow I was overjoyed. Excited. Grateful. Grateful for the opportunity to be able to do something like that. Grateful to be so blessed. Happy at the thought of what new person or family would benefit and create memories of their own with our things.

This is what housed our stuff before:


Here's the after:



I can't even begin to describe all of the benefits I have received throughout this process. It isn't over yet and there are tough moments. Not to include that would be dishonest. I wonder at times what people will think of my posts, they're all so "Eat Pray Love." I know. I get it. I worry my thoughts aren't mainstream enough to be cool and then I just keep jumping off the cliffs.

So far I have felt lighter, freer, more enlightened and connected with something much bigger and way more important than anything I've ever experienced before. I have felt strength with each passed threshold and so much more grateful for each wondrous person, place, or thing, that makes the cuts.

If you'd like to make a difference with some of your items or if you feel weighed down by stuff, people, places, situations, there is a way out. You too can release. One thing at a time. Whatever your pace and process is, it's perfect. Just take the steps when you're ready. My favorite organization to donate things to is The Salvation Army. They make it easy and really help people. Although, this last time I did want to ship things to Africa as well. I just didn't find out about a place. <--If you know of a place please let me know for future reference. :)

May you realize the blessing in you each moment. Thank you for being a part of my world. <3

No comments: