Thursday, November 17, 2011

Time outs, no corner necessary...

On my bed, trapper hat ON (what, I'm cold) books and mags at my side, an awesome brownie I am eating in stages like Charlie Bucket from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", and my Macbook. I am currently unwinding by perusing facebook, uploading a new picture to some of my sites, eating said brownie, and I will also flip though my mags, and maybe round things out with TV via Netflix. This is me having a time out. Earlier today, I enjoyed a day at a museum. I am not going in to full detail on this because I plan on writing separately about that in another post that will have offerings for you to enjoy if you live here in L.A. Anyway...time outs rock! They are not just for misbehaving toddlers, I find them crucial in maintaining my sanity. It's great to break the norm and reset. Recharge is more like it. Surely, this particular time out has me on my computer but I'm enjoying it in a different way than I usually do, so you see? If you are interested in a time out, there are no rules, just do whatever it is you feel would take you away from your daily routine and give you a chance to experience some of the following:

Relaxation - Joy - Peace - Inspiration - Solace - Empowerment - Relief- etc.. 

You get what I'm talking about right? 

Maybe you feel like you can't take the time, you don't have the space or money. Well, I can assure you that I have transformed my bathroom into a spa using nothing more than items I already had in stock under the sink or in the kitchen! I've taken time away utilizing my imagination and an iPhone app, freebies also include taking a long walk, writing, or even just laying down with nothing more on your mind than breathing in and out. If you would like me to go into further detail on any of these methods I will be more than happy to share them with you. If you have a suggestion, I would love to hear from you. Tell me, what do you do to time out? Does this help you? Are you new to this concept? What do you think? 


May the Om be with you... :)


No comments: