Friday, January 27, 2012

DJing For Vestax, NAMM 2012

Hello friends and fellow music lovers!! I recently had the opportunity to DJ for Vestax at the NAMM Show in Anaheim. This was great for two major reasons, I usually use my turntables, so, I had my first foray into DJing digital style since Vestax had wanted me to utilize their new midi controller, the VCI-400.


The second reason this was so great, was because the NAMM Show is the largest musical convention in the United Staes. Music lovers, producers, musicians, DJs, basically everyone that utilizes equipment come to view the new offerings from all suppliers both large and small. It's a place to not only view equipment, but to hear and see major music players demo products and give talks sharing their tips and tricks. The atmosphere is dizzying!! It's very electric, there are all kinds of sights and sounds. I definitely brought you with me every day and took pictures to share the vibe with you. This "convention" happens twice a year, and the only way to visit is via invitation. So you see, we all just got to go to the most exclusive all encompassing musical convention! Hope you enjoy, the Namm Show:

Get your ticket and I.D. out!!
Celeb sightings:
Rapper / Hip Hop Producer Arabian Prince
DJ Icy Ice www.icyicemusic.com
Hulk Hogan's son, Nick Hogan
Music LEGEND Stevie Wonder www.steviewonder.net
Actor / Comedian T.K. Carter www.tkcarter.com

Musical offerings:

Some of the first "rockers"?? LOL





Do I heart this cordless mic? Yes, I do.
The ability to make beats with this device, the "screen" is an iPAD!! 
One of the many new Monster Headphone styles coming out. Thought these were intergalactic.

These guys are "the man" at NAMM. ;)
How we got down at the Vestax booth:


Tony J. getting his mix on. www.tonyjworld.com

Music Producer Nonagon showcasing Ableton on the VCI-400 www.nonagon.net
Getting interviewed for Stacks TV www.stackstv.net


All the demo stations full...

NAMM Style:


Check her out at www.josielovesjvalentine.com


Check him out at www.conquistador.net

And then, four days later, it was a wrap......



Hope you had fun with me at NAMM!! Wishing you lots of peace, love, and beats..... xo


No comments: