Saturday, January 7, 2012

Year of Firsts Baby!

In my last post I briefly mentioned "Year of Firsts" which is my motto for this year. Instead of having a list of resolutions, I like to come up with a motto for my year and this year, "Year of Firsts" is it. Having a motto is easy and fun because unlike a resolution list, this one line can color your whole year! It can influence the choices you make and the attitude you carry. I have found it to be wonderful and this year is no exception! To illustrate how this has already started working, I'd like to tell you about a BIG first for me and that was DJing The Rose Bowl!!

Just a year ago, on New Year's Day, my motto was to be a yes woman. I had just watched Jim Carrey's "Yes Man" movie and was so inspired by it, I decided I would adopt that philosophy for myself and this allowed me to experience 2010's New Year's Eve without having a single drink. I even went to bed early so that I would wake up early (5:30 am) to go see the Rose Parade live for the 1st time.

And now, just a year later, I found myself DJing in The Rose Bowl for the New Year celebration!! This was a first I was proud to be a part of. Another first was who I was DJing for, some of you may have heard of them ;) , the fine folks at Dell! Naturally, they requested I use a Dell and with my motto in mind, even though I have previously only utilized a Mac to DJ, I absolutely agreed to this first. What ensued was a day of sheer magic.....

I met, spoke with, and took photos with Football Hall of Famer Marcus Allen


and NBA Champion, Actor, and Talk Show Host, John Salley.


I received many compliments on my DJing and got to meet a lot of wonderful people. I had fun and enjoyed beautiful surroundings, and then, there were the additional blessings..... After DJing, the wonderful Dell representatives, Lisa and Sarah surprised me by giving me the beautiful brand new 15 inch Dell XPS laptop I had used to DJ! They also surprised me with tickets to the Rose Bowl game. I was humbled, grateful, and amazed. I had expected to return the computer I used, and I had never been to a Rose Bowl game before! Wow, Year of Firsts indeed.

Friends, there is magic all around us. I believe that everything we dream for ourselves is possible. Whether you create a resolution list, a motto, a vision board, or hold a secret wish in your heart, believe in it and do all you can to leave every channel open for your blessings to come. Then stand back and let it happen. Goodness will make it's way to you if you let it. Below are some pictures of my Year of Firsts kick off. I hope you like them. Feel free to tell me what you plan for this year. I'd love to send you good vibes towards it ok? Until the next time, peace, love, and happiness. xo

Early morning, let's go!
Credentials.. :)

The Stealth Bomber signaling the start of the game.

Over 90,000 in attendance!

Tony and I happy to be at our seats :D
A Blue Moon toast to a good game and Year of Firsts!

The Oregon Ducks took it!! Confetti and players covered the field.

The Badger's band rocked it way after the end. What spirit!
YAY! That was fun.


No comments: