Tuesday, June 26, 2012

30 Days to Greatness, # 9

Today was so good I sweat my heart out!! :D


Today's P90X Lean Plan dictated I do Core Synergistics.


This workout is targeted for all the muscle groups in the torso. There were moments I was burning! I took a lot of water in throughout the workout and pushed through the pain. There were a couple of exercises I am not strong enough to do yet. A specific one that comes to mind is the push up knee kick. I did as many as I could and then held the plank position to continue working out my core while they stayed on that exercise.

As for today's nutrition so far:
Breakfast - 3 cups of coffee, 2 glasses of water, and a fresh juice consisting of kale, cucumber, apple, lemon, and ginger.
Lunch pre workout - Grilled chicken breast half, raw spinach light mayo and mustard on a piece of cracked wheat sourdough toast. My favorite salad on the side (cucumber, tomato, feta cheese, and olive oil.) V8 to drink.
Since working out I have only had water so far because it is only 5:33 pm. I plan on having something high in protein or fiber and possibly another fresh juice.

If you are also on a fitness journey here are some tips:
1. Push past your comfort level but not to the point of damage. Ask yourself, is my ego leading? If the answer is yes, cool out.  Do a couple more than your body wants, and a couple less than your ego wants. ;)
2. Positivity really makes a difference. What are you grateful for in this experience? How strong, fit, thin, you are getting? Extra energy? Mental clarity? Think of that. So far, the hardest work out I have had just so happened to be the one I went in dreading. Give yourself all the mental support you can.
3. Make sure you stretch, warm up, cool down. This will help you stay flexible while you are getting stronger. You do not want to lose range of motion and end up stiff. You will feel sore when you are working muscle groups in a new way but you shouldn't be getting stiff. Help your body stay limber by stretching. Respect the warm up and cool down process.

Ok, I'm outta here. See you tomorrow. <3

No comments: