Saturday, June 23, 2012

30 Days to Greatness Day 6

Woke up early today. I felt excited and ready to workout. Thats how it's starting to feel now. The goodness I feel physically and mentally are so rewarding, I look forward to my workouts. It doesn't mean I am not challenged. It's just that with each workout that I do, I am able to see and prove to myself that I can do it. So knowing I can and how good it will feel, makes me excited and ready for what's next. It's pretty great.

Today's P90X Lean plan called for Legs and Back with the Ab Ripper X. I did them and was seriously hurting by the ab workout. I also saw a greater need for dumbbells while I was doing the legs and back portion (I currently use resistance bands.)

Upon completion I was a sweaty, accomplished, fireball of energy. I am getting so much from this challenge.

Some of the additional benefits are:
Strength, accomplishment, mental clarity, discipline.
Positive physical changes to my abs, arms, butt, and back. (They feel stronger and are already starting to look better. More toned.)
A self peace and love. An assuredness that is coming from creating, sustaining, and maintaining this time for myself. Giving me this time and letting myself relish in being first in this arena is wonderful. I am very grateful and see it spilling out in other areas of my life.

As for today's nutrition:
Breakfast pre workout - Blueberry waffle with ground flaxseeds, greek yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, and syrup on top. 2 cups of coffee.
Lunch post workout - Open faced egg sandwich with ham and avocado on whole wheat toast. Cherries on the side.
Water to drink throughout the day.
Dinner was pizza (1 cheese slice 1 pepperoni slice) I also had about 1 cup worth of Doritos and 4 Blue Moon beers.

I went out to a friends pool party this afternoon which explains the deviation from my normal but like I outlined in my initial challenge post, this is not solely about weight loss, I am creating a healthy habit for the rest of my life. So I am going to live, I am going to eat, I am going to enjoy. There are times I will go out of my normal and that's ok. This is about creating a healthy habit that will last a life time and the majority of days I am focused and showing up with that as my focus. Cheers to health, energy, fitness, and life. See you soon. xo

No comments: