Sunday, July 8, 2012

30 Days to Greatness. Days 20 & 21. Let's go!!!

Hey, happy Sunday! I didn't post yesterday because after my workout I dashed into the shower and headed off to a wonderful pool party at my brother's house. So much fun! As for today, it should actually be my off day. But, I'll be doing a shoot tomorrow that will occupy my day so, I decided to workout today and take tomorrow as my rest day.  :) Here are the stats....

Day 20 Workout:
P90X Kenpo X Which is my favorite workout!! It falls on Saturdays for me as dictated by their lean plan.
I also went swimming.

Day 20 Nutrition:
Breakfast pre workout - Steel cut oatmeal with banana, blueberries, strawberries, ground flaxseeds, and almonds. 2 cups of coffee.
Lunch post workout - 2 pieces of grilled fish, potato salad, lots of carrots (as snacks from a veggie tray.)   Blue Moon beer all afternoon. I believe my intake was about 5 beers total.
Dinner - Bowl of Organic Golden Flax cereal. Some green seedless grapes.
Water throughout the day but my intake was much lower than usual. 6 glasses instead of the 9 or 10 I usually drink.

Day 21 Workout:
P90X Core Synergistics as per their lean plan.

Day 21 Nutrition:
Breakfast - Egg scramble with spinach, portobello mushroom, tomato, and onion. Baked red potato and  onion on side. 2 cups of coffee.
Lunch - Went to The Cheesecake Factory. This can be a VERY tricky place to eat healthy or low cal. Here's what I chose: Shared appetizer of Crispy Crab Bites with husband. Seared Ahi Tuna Salad was my main course. To drink, water with lemon. I did have some of their whole wheat bread as well.
Snack - Tall Vanilla Creme Frappucino from Starbucks.
Post workout snack - Fresh carrot, apple, lemon juice.
Water all day.

I haven't had dinner yet, not sure if I will. If so, I will have something good and low calorie. Before I go, here are a couple of tips...

Tips:
If you know your schedule and something is coming up that may stand in the way of your workout, get it in the day before, wake up earlier, or push yourself to do it afterward. My preference is to make things go as smooth as possible so I would probably push for the first 2 options out of the 3. The point is to show up. You will be so happy and proud of yourself for keeping your commitments and you'll get physical benefits too.

Going out to eat is a reality. Choose low cal items, ask for no sauce or sauce / dressing on the side, share with the person you're dining with... these are all ways you can still be part of the world at large and keep your goals. At today's Cheesecake Factory outing, I shared the appetizer with my husband but even that and everything else we ordered, came off of their SkinnyLicious Menu.

Hope this helps!! Take care of you. <3

No comments: