Thursday, March 28, 2013

GOD where are you? Pt. 2 Reading The Bible..

It has been almost a full month since I began reading the Bible in order to educate myself on the word of God. I have never read the Bible before now, in my last post I mentioned my spiritual walk before now and my previous attempt at reading that was very brief and unsuccessful. In this post I'd like to share with you what has changed along with some tips (italicized) for anyone who may be considering reading the Bible for the first time.

There are many ways one can go about doing this, you may decide to join a study group or church, or you may take this up on your own and choose a schedule that will take you through in a year's time. I have decided to go about it using the latter option. My choice has been to read from beginning (Genesis) to the end (Revelations) on my own for this first time. I am reading an authorized King James Version that was originally published in 1611 with read along references, read along translations, and the words of Christ printed in red. I like being able to reference other passages in the Bible that expand on what I am reading, I also like that there are some translations already entered in to help me understand words I do not know. Although, thanks to the blessing of technology, I can easily look up definitions on my phone or iPad when reading if there is something I truly do not understand. Another thing I like to do is pray before reading. "Thank you God for guiding me and showing me what you would like me to see."

So far I have read Genesis, Exodus, and am in Leviticus now. I am learning a lot and am having a good time doing it. I am not an expert by any means on these subjects, I am not here to have anyone follow me or my thoughts, my goal is simply to share my journey and provide a few tips to anyone who may be interested in reading the Bible for the first time. I highly recommend anyone interested in God to conduct their own search and education. If you ask and want to know, God will reveal himself to you.

Jeremiah 29:13 - And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

God bless


No comments: